Medical Massage level 2 builds on the foundational knowledge presented in Medical Massage level 1 (prerequisite). A review of the decision tree approach is discussed and more complicated pathologies are presented as case studies. Students will learn advanced pathophysiology of common diseases and how that affects massage treatments. Evidence based practices and how to keep up to date on research being done in the field of Medical Massage will also be discussed. Advanced rehabilitative techniques will be demonstrated and practiced.
- The students will learn the pathophysiology of several diseases affecting each body system.
- The students will be able to devise a massage therapy treatment plan utilizing the decision tree approach.
- The students will be able to demonstrate advanced rehabilitative techniques
- The students will be able to write proficient SOAP notes that are acceptable in a medical practice
- The students will be able to perform a comprehensive posture analysis and incorporate the data into a treatment plan
- The students will understand the role of kinesiology and will be able to demonstrate techniques that will restore balance to the muscular system.