Join GotYourBack-U and Sue Wood, LMT, for a live Ethics class!
This class looks at making ethical decisions while working in our ever changing world. How do we maintain our boundaries and our clients? Stay within our scope of practice? What role does HIPAA and confidentiality play when a contact tracer reaches out to us for information? How do we perceive these risks as individuals?
At the conclusion of this course, the participants will be able to:
1. Define what ethics are and why massage therapists abide by them.
2. Explain boundaries and how they protect both client and therapist. Explore the difference between professional and personal boundaries.
3. Define scope of practice.
4. Define HIPAA and confidentiality. Explore how they affect a massage therapy practice.
5. Contact tracing and massage therapy, how it can affect our practice.