Instructor: Bradley Martin, ATC/L, CSCS, NASM-CPT, CES
Date: Fri January 6, 2023
Location: GotYorBack-U 521 E. Hector St Conshohocken, PA 19428
Cost: Reg $250 Special Price Sale $140
CE Hours: 8
Limited to 10 motivated students
This special “Pop Up” class (short notice class) is being offered at a special reduced price $140 (Reg $250). It will be limited to 10 students to allow direct contact with the instructor. Focus will be on technique and mastering the sequence of stretches. We are looking for motivated students looking to learn in this intensive environment. There will be some required theory homework to be done online before class. The class is presented by our newest teacher, Bradley Martin. The rotator class presented the next day will focus specifically on the shoulder girdle area. Take both classes and receive another $20 discount (discount will be taken off after purchase). Both these classes can be taken individually, but even better they are part of our comprehensive Assisted Stretching Certification program launching Jan 2023. This certification is an A to Z treatment protocol allowing the student to perform a full stretching and mobility session. Components of the treatment protocol include effective stretching, positional release, relaxation modules, warm up and basic postural and strengthening exercises. More details to come. Successful completion of the PNF Stretching and Rotator Class count towards the certification if you choose to continue. If interested in these special discounted classes sign up soon. First come, first serve and we close out at 10. Class is open to massage therapists, fitness trainers, yoga teachers and others in the hands on wellness fields.
In this course we will discuss in depth the anatomy of the muscles we intend to stretch. We will discuss the theory and physiology of stretching. We will be discussing best practices and include practice time for all students to practice the techniques taught in this class on each other. We will also be discussing self-care stretches that can be used to improve upon the health of our students as well as being recommended to their clients to enhance their treatment effect. We will be discussing how the techniques taught in this class can be implemented into their current practices, or adopted as a new form of treatment.
- Students will learn the importance of stretching and how to convince clients to partake in stretching activity. Students will also learn the importance of a warm up prior to initiating a stretching treatment.
- Students will learn the theory behind PNF stretching, why it is more effective than traditional stretching, and how we can get the most benefit from a single treatment by using the theory we have learned.
- Students will learn how to evaluate their clients and determine what stretches from the list we will be covering they would benefit most from.
- Students will also be learning detailed musculoskeletal anatomy of the muscles we are going to be stretching in this class.
- Students will learn a series of stretches for the lower extremity.
- Students will learn a series of stretches for the upper extremity.
- Students will learn a series of take-home stretches for the lower extremity.
- Students will learn a series of take-home stretches for the upper extremity.
This is the first class in a series developed to certify practitioners in the art of assisted stretching. It is worth 8CEU.