Course: Intro to Myofascial Work
Date: Saturday, February 10, and Sunday, February 11, 2024
Instructor: Pamela West, LMT, M.Ed.
Myofascial work is a wonderful way to address the source of your clients injuries and postural patterns. New understandings of the function of fascia inside the body gives both insight to these issues and a very effective means for unraveling them. In the body; the skeleton, fascia, and musculature interplay and support each other. In concert together, these tissues should support a natural alignment and an ease of movement.
This class will give an overview of thinking and working myofascially. Students will learn to do a myofascial session involving the Torso. Practitioners of any kind of body therapy can benefit from understanding aspects of myofascial tissue and the torso.
What you will learn:
- Learn the basics of Fascia anatomy.
- Learn how to connect to the Fascia with your hands.
- Learn how to effect change in the tissue myofascially. What are you looking for?
- Learn to recognize Myofascial restrictions or patterns in the tissue.
- Learn how to use Myofascial work to address what is going on in your clients body
Please bring to class:
2 sheets, 2 pillows, 2 towels
Massage cream (not lotion or oil)
Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to move easily.
Bring bathing suit or lycra workout clothing (light colors) that you can feel comfortable in during a structural observation.