Instructor: Heather Lash, D.C.
Date: January 20, 2019
Time: 9 - 5pm
CE Hours: 8
Prerequisite: Introduction to Gua Sha or IASTM (any style). If you have no prior experience in Gua Sha you may still take the class! We will email you a 1 hr online primer to review. Classes are filling fast. Register soon to be assured a place!
Once the therapist has been educated in the theory and general application of Gua Sha, this Advanced Gua Sha course is the next step to take your practice to the next level. This course takes you further into the technique of Gua Sha as well as introducing new tools, new mediums and new treatments. We’ll discuss treating systemic conditions, pediatric and geriatric treatments as well as how to apply Gua Sha in the Spa world. You’ll also learn more about how to implement Gua Sha into your current regiment.
What you will learn:
- Review the fundamental concepts and theory of Gua Sha with discussion of experience
- Advanced applications of Gua Sha including: facial, systemic conditions, pediatric and geriatric care
- How to successfully implement Gua Sha into your current regiment
- Attendees will have ample time to practice applying these techniques with more one-on-one time with the Doctor
- Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to discuss and apply Advanced Gua Sha techniques to neuromuscular-skeletal and systemic conditions!
What to bring:
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing. We suggest dressing in layers. Bring a pair of shorts and a tank top
- Gua Sha Tools
- Set of sheets
About Your Instructor:
Dr. Heather Lash, D.C. is a licensed Doctor of Chiropractic in the States of Pennsylvania and Florida. She grew up in Conshohocken, PA and after graduating from high school, went on to earn a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology from the Pennsylvania State University. . Dr. Carter continued her education at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Port Orange, FL, one of only 18 Chiropractic Colleges in the United States. In addition to her Chiropractic Degree, Dr. Carter earned certificates in Neuro-Proprioceptive Taping technique, Graston technique, Activator Methods, and studied several other manual techniques including Gua Sha and Trigger Point therapy. Following graduation from Palmer, Dr. Carter obtained a Certification in Functional Diagnostic Medicine in an effort to better aid her patients in their nutritional needs.
After graduation, Dr. Lash completed an associateship in Orlando, FL. After two years of practicing at this location, Dr. Lash became the clinic director of the functional medicine division. In the fall of 2011, Dr. Carter decided to follow her dream of moving back to Pennsylvania and opening a practice of her own. She is currently the proud owner of Beyond Chiropractic, a private practice in Conshohocken, PA which offers exceptional affordable healthcare to patients of all ages.